Lamp Shade 2100
This variant is currently sold out
Custom made in our Twin Cities lighting workshop.
COLOR: WINE / BLACK / IVORY
TOP PATTERN NUMBER: 2100T
BOTTOM PATTERN NUMBER: 2100
If you like this pattern but would like to customize size, shape, color or would like it built as a ceiling fixture or pendant, click on the design your own shade tab, top of page.
NEW VIRTUAL SHADE FITTING SERVICE!
Need help with sizing? Send us a picture of your lamp and we'll send one back with one of our shades mounted on it. There is no magic formula when finding the perfect match, and one size definitely does not fit all. Let us help take the guesswork out of it. The eye test is always best!
This shade was handmade in our custom lighting workshop using heavy gauge wire and authentic fiberglass parchment, popular in the 40's - 60's.
All of our custom lamp shades are made to order in your choice of size and fitting type. The fitting shown is a common spider washer, for use with standard harps.
We can also change the fitting to a Uno style or just about anything you need including pendant and ceiling fixture fittings.
Feel free to mix and match any of our other colors/patterns found on our other listings to be built in the shape shown in this listing, just let us know which one you would like.
All of our tiered lamp shades are built with a minimum of 3/4" overlap between each tier, eliminating the hollow look of cheaply made tiered shades.
We specialize in vintage, retro, atomic style lamp shades, but also build contemporary custom drum lamp shades as well.
Our collection of colors, shapes, materials and sizes is always growing so add us to your favorites list to keep up on what's new.
Our shades are built to last and be handed down through generations. Here are a few things to look for when buying a premium lamp shade:
1) HEAVY GAUGE WIRE FRAME. Our frames are made in house, all welded joints are given a protective coating to prevent rust. We use only nickel-plated spider arms.
2) OVERLAPPING TIERS. It costs more and takes more time to build shades this way, but it eliminates seeing the lamp harp and bulb, and creates even light diffusion.
3) HOW IS THE FIBERGLASS DECORATED? The traditional method is soaking in dye. This gives an overall even saturation and is one of the methods we use. We also use an industrial digital printing press on many of
our patterns. This allows the fine detail our shades are known for, and sets the standard for uniform light diffusion and color saturation. If the shade you order has been decorated using spray paint, it will have a blotchy, uneven aesthetic.
4) PROFESSIONAL ASSEMBLY. Every shade we build is assembled by a highly skilled craftsman. We hand fit each fiberglass tier to it's ring and glue the seam before lacing. This is by far the best way to get an exact
fit. There are other lacing techniques which are faster and easier, but just like most things...you get what you pay for.
5) QUALITY PACKAGING. We use only double wall corrugated boxes with a time-tested inner suspension system. Our damaged in transit rate is extremely low and we do our best to keep it that way.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE HARP!
Harps should be 1 1/2" - 2" shorter than the shade height, just hanging below the socket bottom.
Click here to order: https://modilumi.com/collections/accessories/products/lamp-harps